Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To sleep, or not to sleep ...

Well, in the beginning there was no sleep ... at least during the day. Chelsi for the most part has always been a pretty good sleeper at night. But I think she is finally learning how to sleep during the day, although she still can't fall asleep on her own. It's like she's so tired and doesn't quite get that if she closes her eyes she will feel better. But she will sleep on her own for more than 15 minutes now. And as soon as I post this she will wake up and not sleep for 2 days!

She is also actually getting ok with not being held all the time - and my arms are very grateful for that. Although I don't mind toning my arms, it's nice to be able to, I don't know, take a shower and get dressed in the morning (or afternoon, whatever time she lets me).

So we went to Toys R Us the other day on the pretext of Daddy buying Chelsi a toy - since she hasn't gotten a new toy in about a month or so. So I'm thinking like a stuffed animal or bath time toys .... we came home with a little baby gym thing (you know what I'm talking about? The thing you stick your kid under and they are so scared of all the toys dangling off of them that they are quiet?) a hat, sunglasses that strap onto their head, and a pool - yes, a pool. Just a little kiddie plastic one, but a pool nonetheless. I was really excited about the pool and it's mostly for me, cuz let's face it, Chelsi can't swim. But Mommy can take her out and sit in the pool with her on a nice sunny SoCal day! Hee hee hee! And Chelsi really needs to work on her tan so it's a plus for all of us! =)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You finally have something on your blog. I will officially add you to my bloglist! I'm wishing we could have a night of Farkle right about now.